Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
RayeR(R)

Homepage

CZ,
23.01.2014, 00:08
 

Mpxplpay 2.00 pre alpha (Announce)

http://mpxplay.sourceforge.net/ - unfortunatelly only win32 binary available yet.

---
DOS gives me freedom to unlimited HW access.

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage E-mail

USA,
23.01.2014, 00:56

@ RayeR

Mpxplay 2.00 pre-alpha

> http://mpxplay.sourceforge.net/ - unfortunatelly only win32
> binary available yet.

"Mpxplay v2.00a pre-alpha (DOS/Win32/GUI)"

So it does say "DOS", surprisingly. I have no idea, I wouldn't have thought he would continue since he seems more interested in Windows these days.

A quick check (could be understanding incorrectly) shows that it's mostly a source-only update called MPXPLAY-MMC (Win32/GUI) with QT 5.2.0 (+ MinGW + JWasm).

RayeR(R)

Homepage

CZ,
23.01.2014, 02:44

@ Rugxulo

Mpxplay 2.00 pre-alpha

I looked at Win version and it's different application - MultiMedia Commander (with 2 NC-style panels) - something very different to classic mpxplay so I think it's a parallel project...

---
DOS gives me freedom to unlimited HW access.

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
23.01.2014, 03:11
(edited by glennmcc, 23.01.2014, 03:31)

@ Rugxulo

Mpxplay 2.00 pre-alpha

> > http://mpxplay.sourceforge.net/ - unfortunatelly only win32
> > binary available yet.
>
> "Mpxplay v2.00a pre-alpha (DOS/Win32/GUI)"
>
> So it does say "DOS", surprisingly. I have no idea, I wouldn't have thought
> he would continue since he seems more interested in Windows these days.
>
> A quick check (could be understanding incorrectly) shows that it's mostly a
> source-only update called MPXPLAY-MMC (Win32/GUI) with QT 5.2.0 (+ MinGW +
> JWasm).

I do not understand why anyone at-all bothers to continue to develop
and support DOS programs in this day & age. ;-)

Be that as it may....

I made brand-new builds of core.exe and wwwman.exe today
with a few bug fixes and feature modifications.
(most notably, Arachne now handles URLs of up to 1024 characters in length)

http://glennmcc.org/arachne/core197.zip
http://glennmcc.org/arachne/wwwman.zip

In addition...
Fred Macall has continued to advance his YtCrack
so I have continued right along with him and made
new builds of the ytcrack.apm for Arachne.

http://glennmcc.org/apm/ytcrack.apm

This Arachne add-on allows us to directly download virtually
any video from YouTube
(the only known exception is that it does not work for music videos from VEVO)

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage E-mail

USA,
23.01.2014, 23:25

@ glennmcc

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> I made brand-new builds of core.exe and wwwman.exe today
>
> http://glennmcc.org/arachne/core197.zip
> http://glennmcc.org/arachne/wwwman.zip
>
> http://glennmcc.org/apm/ytcrack.apm

How does that compare to here? I'm just asking because I don't really want to dig through a billion files to verify if it has sources.

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
23.01.2014, 23:37

@ Rugxulo

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> > I made brand-new builds of core.exe and wwwman.exe today
> >
> > http://glennmcc.org/arachne/core197.zip
> > http://glennmcc.org/arachne/wwwman.zip
> >
> > http://glennmcc.org/apm/ytcrack.apm
>
> How does that compare to
> here?
> I'm just asking because I don't really want to dig through a billion files
> to verify if it has sources.

What you have there are the same 'full packages' as at glennmcc.org

The 3 files named above are fully compatible drop-in replacements for
core.exe, wwwman.exe & ytcrack.apm

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage E-mail

USA,
24.01.2014, 13:52

@ glennmcc

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> The 3 files named above are fully compatible drop-in replacements for
> core.exe, wwwman.exe & ytcrack.apm

Okay, but unless they were recompiled from vanilla sources, then they are lacking the required patches / "bug fixes".

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
24.01.2014, 15:46

@ Rugxulo

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> > The 3 files named above are fully compatible drop-in replacements for
> > core.exe, wwwman.exe & ytcrack.apm
>
> Okay, but unless they were recompiled from vanilla sources, then they are
> lacking the required patches / "bug fixes".

They _do_ include all of the latest patches/bug fixes.

The new SRCs are now here....

http://glennmcc.org/arachne/2014/asrc197.zip
(includes SRC for both core.exe & wwwman.exe)

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

andrea936(R)

27.01.2014, 14:58

@ glennmcc

Arachne v1.97 minor update

Thank you - Glenn & Fred - for your progress in Arachne and Ytcrack;
I tested them both and they work well.
A question: what do you think is the best release
of (dos)mplayer using freedos?
Thanks
andrea:-)

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
28.01.2014, 03:45

@ andrea936

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> Thank you - Glenn & Fred - for your progress in Arachne and Ytcrack;
> I tested them both and they work well.
> A question: what do you think is the best release
> of (dos)mplayer using freedos?
> Thanks
> andrea:-)

Can't speak to others, but I use strictly the DOS mplayer.exe
built by Khusraw in Feb, 2012

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

ron(R)

Homepage E-mail

Australia,
28.01.2014, 06:28

@ glennmcc

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> Can't speak to others, but I use strictly the DOS mplayer.exe
> built by Khusraw in Feb, 2012

As do I.

And I keep an eye out for any announcements of even newer ports.

---
AUSREG Consultancy http://www.ausreg.com
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
Sna Keo Il http://www.tadpoletunes.com/sna_keo_il/

bocke(R)

31.01.2014, 02:04

@ glennmcc

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> The new SRCs are now here....
>
> http://glennmcc.org/arachne/2014/asrc197.zip
> (includes SRC for both core.exe & wwwman.exe)

Can you please label that differently? Like, add a revision letter or something. It's 7+3 name, so there is a place for an extra charachter. :)

These are the diffs between this and the version of asrc197 I previously had:
http://bocke.na.rs/razno/changes.zip

or (if you prefer context diffs):
http://bocke.na.rs/razno/changcnt.zip

Btw, those won't stay long on the server. So if you are interested fetch them while you can.

The first is in the "unified" diff format. The other is in "context" diff format. I don't know which version of patch got support for which first, but if your port is from 90s there is a big chance it supports one or another. If you use ancient ports, they might not. Zips contain only the diffs.

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
31.01.2014, 23:37

@ bocke

Arachne v1.97 minor update

> > The new SRCs are now here....
> >
> > http://glennmcc.org/arachne/2014/asrc197.zip
> > (includes SRC for both core.exe & wwwman.exe)
>
> Can you please label that differently? Like, add a revision letter or
> something. It's 7+3 name, so there is a place for an extra charachter. :)
>
> These are the diffs between this and the version of asrc197 I previously
> had:
> http://bocke.na.rs/razno/changes.zip
>
> or (if you prefer context diffs):
> http://bocke.na.rs/razno/changcnt.zip
>
> Btw, those won't stay long on the server. So if you are interested fetch
> them while you can.
>
> The first is in the "unified" diff format. The other is in "context" diff
> format. I don't know which version of patch got support for which first,
> but if your port is from 90s there is a big chance it supports one or
> another. If you use ancient ports, they might not. Zips contain only the
> diffs.

http://glennmcc.org/arachne/2014/asrc197.zip
____________________________^^^^<--"Revision_Number" ;-)

Thanks for making & uploading this diffs.

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

Mpxplay(R)

07.02.2014, 03:49

@ RayeR

Mpxplay 2.00 vs 1.60

> I looked at Win version and it's different application - MultiMedia
> Commander (with 2 NC-style panels) - something very different to classic
> mpxplay so I think it's a parallel project...

Sorry if it was not clean to everybody. Sometimes I develop for myself and I don't care with the users... ;-)
I just needed an own (Mpxplay-like) video player, and the Qt was the fastest way to get this.

I keep the source compatibility for a while (because the 80% of the source is common in the DOS and in the new GUI version), so there are 3 different Mpxplay versions from now: DOS console, Win console, Win GUI.
Of course the major changes come in the new GUI version, but the background modifications/bugfixes appear in the console versions too.

btw. the console versions still come with 1.xx version number, the GUI one with 2.xx

A.

bocke(R)

12.02.2014, 20:33

@ glennmcc

Arachne v1.97 minor update

>
> http://glennmcc.org/arachne/2014/asrc197.zip
> ____________________________^^^^<--"Revision_Number" ;-)
>

Oh ok. Thanx for the clarification. I tought you might've had more revisions. :)

> Thanks for making & uploading this diffs.

I took a look and this diff is between this (jan-feb of 2014) version and the one from march of 2013. I hope it will be useful to someone. :)

DOS386(R)

08.03.2014, 18:45

@ bocke

Arachne v1.97 minor update | Back to MPXPLAY

MPXPLAY 1.60 beta 2 is out (2014-Feb-10) also OPUS decoder updated ... untested

Thanks to both Glenn and Attila :-)

---
This is a LOGITECH mouse driver, but some software expect here
the following string:*** This is Copyright 1983 Microsoft ***

DOS386(R)

30.03.2014, 15:20

@ RayeR

Mpxplay 3.00 | OPUS 1.1 | Opustools 0.1.8

FYI: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/opus/ doesn't work on ME, does work with HX :-)

---
This is a LOGITECH mouse driver, but some software expect here
the following string:*** This is Copyright 1983 Microsoft ***

Mpxplay(R)

04.04.2014, 21:30

@ DOS386

Mpxplay 3.00 | OPUS 1.1 | Opustools 0.1.8

> FYI: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/opus/ doesn't work on ME, does
> work with HX :-)

Mpxplay 3.00 :-D
Maybe in 2030 ...

btw. I don't want to work on it, but it's not so difficult to make some DOS 32-bit executables from my Opus DLL src, compiled with OpenWatcom.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mpxplay/ad_opus_dll_src_v1602.zip?download

DOS386(R)

21.04.2014, 14:21
(edited by DOS386, 22.04.2014, 08:51)

@ Mpxplay

Mpxplay 1.60 beta 3 - 2014-Apr-17

> Maybe in 2030 ...
> btw. I don't want to work on

Beta 3 is out :-)

I wanted to test whether it can play OPUS inside Matroska/WeBM ... but unfortunately I could not even play "good old" audio-only OGG-Opus files anymore. Does it work for anyone?

---
This is a LOGITECH mouse driver, but some software expect here
the following string:*** This is Copyright 1983 Microsoft ***

DOS386(R)

22.04.2014, 07:31
(edited by DOS386, 22.04.2014, 10:15)

@ DOS386

Mpxplay 1.60 beta 3 - 2014-Apr-17 | OPUS inside WeBM

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/board_entry.php?id=13401 "Mpxplpay 2.00 pre alpha" 2014-Jan (this one)

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/board_entry.php?id=11941 "Mpxplay v1.60 alpha 2 with HTTP and Opus support" 2012-Dec

http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/ (bad, no index)

http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/ehren-paper_lights-96.opus

http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/ehren-paper_lights-64.opus

http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/detodos.opus

http://media.xiph.org/monty/demo/opus-3/ (YES has index)

http://media.xiph.org/monty/demo/opus-3/troncut-1.0.opus

http://media.xiph.org/monty/demo/opus-3/troncut-1.1-final.opus

http://media.xiph.org/monty/demo/opus-3/sita-1.0.opus

http://media.xiph.org/monty/demo/opus-3/sita-1.1-final.opus

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?bugid=949525&action=viewall <- OPUS inside WeBM

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8346897 <- OPUS inside WeBM

...content/media/test/vp9cake.webm <- OPUS inside WeBM

http://repeater.xiph.org:8000/temporalfugue.opus

http://repeater.xiph.org:8000/clock.opus

I don't know what strange things I did yesterday, but today OGG
OPUS seems to work, still OGG inside WeBM doesn't, it says

> MKV -> ???

It would be cool to have the opus decoder built-in, the
DOG\4S-based DeLL-HeLL is driving me crazy :-(

BUG: funny strings in the DOS version :-D

> rundll32.exe shell32.dll SHExitWindowsEx

---
This is a LOGITECH mouse driver, but some software expect here
the following string:*** This is Copyright 1983 Microsoft ***

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage E-mail

USA,
22.04.2014, 17:20

@ Mpxplay

OpenWatcom 2.0-pre

> btw. I don't want to work on it, but it's not so difficult to make some DOS
> 32-bit executables from my Opus DLL src, compiled with OpenWatcom.

BTW, just to mention this, since it seems potentially useful to you, there is still a lot of work (apparently) being done with OW towards the 2.0 goal. Just FYI in case you're curious to test.

http://open-watcom.github.io/open-watcom/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openwatcom/files/current-build/

open-watcom-2_0-c-dos.exe 2014-04-11 98.5 MB

DOS386(R)

19.06.2014, 10:15

@ Rugxulo

OpenWatcom 2.0-pre 100 MiO only | OPUS support buggy

> I don't want to work on it, but it's not so difficult to make some DOS
> 32-bit executables from my Opus DLL src compiled with OpenWatcom

Still many OPUS files don't play:

http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/ehren-paper_lights-96.opus OK

http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/ehren-paper_lights-64.opus NOT OK (brewn with 0.99.xxx beta encoder, but OPUSDEC decodes it fine)

http://users.freebasic-portal.de/dos386/inopusan.zip (the "INF" files do play but show garbage on the screen)

OPUS tools 0.1.9 released: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/opus/win32/opus-tools-0.1.9-win32.zip and do work in DOS :-)

> open-watcom-2_0-c-dos.exe 2014-04-11 98.5 MB

COOL (untested, only 100 MiO of bloat) :-\

---
This is a LOGITECH mouse driver, but some software expect here
the following string:*** This is Copyright 1983 Microsoft ***

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
13718 Postings in 1214 Threads, 206 registered users, 15 users online (0 registered, 15 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum