Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
15.06.2014, 11:58
 

Daniel's page about DOS programs (Users)

Hi! I highly recommend to visit Daniel's page about legacy DOS software. It is plenty of commented screenshots from many legacy professional DOS programs.
http://www.danielsays.com/ss-gallery-dos.html

---
DOS-u-akbar!

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
15.06.2014, 23:47

@ Laaca

Daniel's page about DOS programs

> Hi! I highly recommend to visit Daniel's page about legacy DOS software. It
> is plenty of commented screenshots from many legacy professional DOS
> programs.
> http://www.danielsays.com/ss-gallery-dos.html

Too bad that it's 100% useless to anyone using a DOS browser
due to the fact it the page is 100% JavaScript :((

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

ron(R)

Homepage E-mail

Australia,
16.06.2014, 01:04
(edited by ron, 16.06.2014, 01:19)

@ glennmcc

Daniel's page about DOS programs

> Too bad that it's 100% useless to anyone using a DOS browser
> due to the fact it the page is 100% JavaScript :((

It can be accessed with Links 2.8.1 directly, or with Arachne or other Links - if you do it a bit sneaky.

Go back to the base URL - http://www.danielsays.com - then click on "Linux" (and possibly other OS links).
THEN click on DOS.

You will have to accept about a million cookies while the page and all its images are downloaded and rendered.

Only then will you be able to read the text and see the images.

And that is all that I could find - JUST screen pictures. No links to any software at all.

How useful !!!

---
AUSREG Consultancy http://www.ausreg.com
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
Sna Keo Il http://www.tadpoletunes.com/sna_keo_il/

Guti(R)

Homepage

16.06.2014, 16:58

@ ron

Daniel's page about DOS programs

Tried to access just now, and it reports a 403 Forbidden error.


> > Too bad that it's 100% useless to anyone using a DOS browser
> > due to the fact it the page is 100% JavaScript :((
>
> It can be accessed with Links 2.8.1 directly, or with Arachne or other
> Links - if you do it a bit sneaky.
>
> Go back to the base URL - http://www.danielsays.com - then click on
> "Linux" (and possibly other OS links).
> THEN click on DOS.
>
> You will have to accept about a million cookies while the page and all its
> images are downloaded and rendered.
>
> Only then will you be able to read the text and see the images.
>
> And that is all that I could find - JUST screen pictures. No links to any
> software at all.
>
> How useful !!!

---
Visit my personal blog at http://www.javiergutierrezchamorro.com

ron(R)

Homepage E-mail

Australia,
17.06.2014, 00:48

@ Guti

Daniel's page about DOS programs

> Tried to access just now, and it reports a 403 Forbidden error.

I am able to access it still with Links 2.8.1., which has some js capability.

However, it is now blocking Arachne and other Links. It is being "protected" from access by a security application: SiteLock.

BTW: I was wrong. There are downloadable DOS programs - click on "downloads". Who knew ? :)

---
AUSREG Consultancy http://www.ausreg.com
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
Sna Keo Il http://www.tadpoletunes.com/sna_keo_il/

ron(R)

Homepage E-mail

Australia,
17.06.2014, 02:40

@ ron

Daniel's page about DOS programs

> Tried to access just now, and it reports a 403 Forbidden error.

Same with Arachne.

Then I changed the user agent string in Arachne, and I was in !
Looks like SiteLock is sensitive to unknown user agents.

So, it is now all accessible WITHOUT javascr***. :)

---
AUSREG Consultancy http://www.ausreg.com
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
Sna Keo Il http://www.tadpoletunes.com/sna_keo_il/

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15112 Postings in 1359 Threads, 247 registered users, 15 users online (1 registered, 14 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum