Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
cm(R)

Homepage E-mail

Düsseldorf, Germany,
06.09.2017, 00:27
 

ecm code drop: RxDOS 7.20N, lDebug, RxANSI (Announce)

Here's some of the projects I've worked on in the past few years, starting in 2008. Some are still receiving development. https://bitbucket.org/ecm/

RxDOS 7.2x: The initial commit, 7.20N, is a bug-for-bug port of the RxDOS kernel to NASM. 7.22+ is still early in its development. I recommend not to use this yet; there's a lot of work to do. GNU GPL v2+

lDebug: A debugger based on FreeDOS (Japheth's) Debug. It has nicer assembly formatting, allows some run-time options, and parses numeric expressions. Fair license

RxANSI: An ANSI driver (ANSI display codes only) with optimal installation handling, and advanced removal handling. Public domain

Some more programs there:

bdiff.jh: Jason Hood's bdiff, creates user-readable binary diff files. Public domain

cntlines: Counts lines in NASM source, recognises some different types of lines. Fair license

X2B: exe2bin replacement. Public domain

See also https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/pull/450 (RxDOS status) and https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/issues/445 (RxDOS boot support in dosemu2)

---
l

cm(R)

Homepage E-mail

Düsseldorf, Germany,
06.09.2017, 00:28

@ cm

ecm code drop: binaries needed?

I can build binaries for all of these, if anyone needs them but doesn't want to wade into building it themselves.

---
l

roytam(R)

07.09.2017, 15:17

@ cm

ecm code drop: RxDOS 7.20N, lDebug, RxANSI

> Here's some of the projects I've worked on in the past few years, starting
> in 2008. Some are still receiving development. https://bitbucket.org/ecm/
>
> RxDOS 7.2x: The initial commit, 7.20N, is a bug-for-bug port of the RxDOS
> kernel to NASM. 7.22+ is still early in its development. I recommend not
> to use this yet; there's a lot of work to do. GNU GPL v2+
>
> lDebug: A debugger based on FreeDOS (Japheth's) Debug. It has nicer
> assembly formatting, allows some run-time options, and parses numeric
> expressions. Fair license
>
> RxANSI: An ANSI driver (ANSI display codes only) with optimal installation
> handling, and advanced removal handling. Public domain
>
> Some more programs there:
>
> bdiff.jh: Jason Hood's bdiff, creates user-readable binary diff files.
> Public domain
>
> cntlines: Counts lines in NASM source, recognises some different types of
> lines. Fair license
>
> X2B: exe2bin replacement. Public domain
>
> See also https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/pull/450 (RxDOS status) and
> https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/issues/445 (RxDOS boot support in dosemu2)

Great to see RxDOS is being developed (again) :-D

I wonder if there is changelog between RxDOS 6.2 and your 7.20N?

cm(R)

Homepage E-mail

Düsseldorf, Germany,
07.09.2017, 17:22

@ roytam

ecm code drop: RxDOS 7.20N, lDebug, RxANSI

> Great to see RxDOS is being developed (again) :-D
>
> I wonder if there is changelog between RxDOS 6.2 and your 7.20N?

I haven't worked with 6.20 at all. 7.1.5 to 7.20N is only a port with some additional comments. Unfortunately I didn't start using an SCM right away.

---
l

Guti(R)

Homepage

08.09.2017, 09:47

@ cm

ecm code drop: RxDOS 7.20N, lDebug, RxANSI

I was not aware on RX-DOS 7.15, thought latest was 6.20 (http://freedos.gds.tuwien.ac.at/files/distributions/rxdos/). So please, can you build binaries? I want to take a look to it.

I am very pleased seeing RX-DOS is still in development. Always liked its ASM approach.


> Here's some of the projects I've worked on in the past few years, starting
> in 2008. Some are still receiving development. https://bitbucket.org/ecm/
>
> RxDOS 7.2x: The initial commit, 7.20N, is a bug-for-bug port of the RxDOS
> kernel to NASM. 7.22+ is still early in its development. I recommend not
> to use this yet; there's a lot of work to do. GNU GPL v2+
>
> lDebug: A debugger based on FreeDOS (Japheth's) Debug. It has nicer
> assembly formatting, allows some run-time options, and parses numeric
> expressions. Fair license
>
> RxANSI: An ANSI driver (ANSI display codes only) with optimal installation
> handling, and advanced removal handling. Public domain
>
> Some more programs there:
>
> bdiff.jh: Jason Hood's bdiff, creates user-readable binary diff files.
> Public domain
>
> cntlines: Counts lines in NASM source, recognises some different types of
> lines. Fair license
>
> X2B: exe2bin replacement. Public domain
>
> See also https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/pull/450 (RxDOS status) and
> https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2/issues/445 (RxDOS boot support in dosemu2)

---
Visit my personal blog at http://www.javiergutierrezchamorro.com

cm(R)

Homepage E-mail

Düsseldorf, Germany,
08.09.2017, 18:43

@ Guti

ecm code drop: RxDOS 7.20N, lDebug, RxANSI

> I was not aware on RX-DOS 7.15, thought latest was 6.20
> (http://freedos.gds.tuwien.ac.at/files/distributions/rxdos/). So please,
> can you build binaries? I want to take a look to it.

rxdos-exes.zip and rxdos-src.zip from this link actually are 7.1.5 (7.1.6). I uploaded rxdos-7.2x-034e96e285da.zip to https://ufile.io/u8oc2

---
l

Guti(R)

Homepage

12.09.2017, 09:42

@ cm

ecm code drop: RxDOS 7.20N, lDebug, RxANSI

Thanks!

> > I was not aware on RX-DOS 7.15, thought latest was 6.20
> > (http://freedos.gds.tuwien.ac.at/files/distributions/rxdos/). So please,
> > can you build binaries? I want to take a look to it.
>
> rxdos-exes.zip and rxdos-src.zip from this link actually are 7.1.5 (7.1.6).
> I uploaded rxdos-7.2x-034e96e285da.zip to https://ufile.io/u8oc2

---
Visit my personal blog at http://www.javiergutierrezchamorro.com

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15112 Postings in 1359 Threads, 247 registered users, 12 users online (0 registered, 12 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum