Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
05.01.2019, 01:10

Blocek v1.61 (Announce)

Hello!
I uploaded a rather small update of my text editor and image viewer Blocek.
Changes:
version 1.61:
+ Conversion of the extended ASCII or Unicode chars into HTML entities
- fixed possible crash when opening large text file
- fixed crash after pressing up arrow after menu activation by mouse
* progress indicator now uses timer

Download here: http://www.laaca.sweb.cz
or (czech speaking people) here: http://www.laaca.borec.cz

I also managed to fix the crash of my font editor Kasmar under DosBox in situation when some pop up window was moved mouse. The fixed binary and source is updated too.

---
DOS-u-akbar!

iw2evk(R)

Magenta (Italy),
05.01.2019, 13:53

@ Laaca

Blocek v1.61

Hi, in netx releases can you add import /export in varius standard formats like

.RTF , .ODT or .DOC ?

thanks

Roberto iw2evk

Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
05.01.2019, 15:54

@ iw2evk

Blocek v1.61

> Hi, in netx releases can you add import /export in varius standard
> formats like
>
> .RTF , .ODT or .DOC ?
>
> thanks
>
> Roberto iw2evk

Hi!
I have some source for conversion from .RTF to .HTM so it could be a base for importing RTF files. So maybe in some next release I could add this feature.
However I do not plan the export for .RTF (nor .ODT, DOC) because Blocek does not support their capabilities (like colored text, various fonts, etc.)

---
DOS-u-akbar!

KormaX(R)

11.01.2019, 19:13

@ Laaca

Blocek v1.61

It's cool, thank you!

Is it possible to get in the project? :D I could translate it to Hungarian and Turkish so you could add more languages to the program :D

---
DOS isn't about why. It's about why not.

Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
13.01.2019, 22:00

@ Laaca

Blocek v1.61

Ummm....
F*ck
Found a quite serious bug introduced from 1.6
Please wait for version 1.62. The bug I already fixed this evening but wait for two or three days for one axtension I want to add. Then I will upload new version.

---
DOS-u-akbar!

Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
13.01.2019, 22:16

@ KormaX

Blocek v1.61

> It's cool, thank you!
>
> Is it possible to get in the project? :D I could translate it to Hungarian
> and Turkish so you could add more languages to the program :D

Sure!
It is GNU GPL so feel free to join and modify as you want.
If you want to change the interface into some new language you have to just translate the BLOCEK1.EN and file BLOCEK2.EN files into f.e. BLOCEK1.HU and BLOCEK2.HU. For more info see the DEFAULT.CFG file.

But the problem is this:
As I speak only Czech, English and Russian I can support only these languages in the next versions.
I will not be able to update the language files in the next versions. If you want I can upload for separate download something like "extended language version" with your translations but it will not be updated.

However you can still create the national conversion filters and national keyboard definitions. The format is not supposed to be changed in the future. There is already available the MAGYAR.KTB file for the hungarian keyboard definition. Feel free to create some TURKCE.KTB file and/or TURKCE.A8T file.

---
DOS-u-akbar!

KormaX(R)

14.01.2019, 16:54

@ Laaca

Blocek v1.61

Ok! I'll make the Turkish and Hungarian versions and send them to you. No problem that you don't speak these languages, I am planning to work on DOS stuff, so I can update these language files as you update your program. I saw that you are going to update it to 1.62. If you can wait 1-2 days with it, I can send the .HU and .TR files to you within one (or maximum two) days.

---
DOS isn't about why. It's about why not.

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15864 Postings in 1463 Threads, 268 registered users, 75 users online (0 registered, 75 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed