DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
KormaX(R)

16.03.2019, 15:28

Youtube package (Announce)

Greetings, people of DOS!

Oso2k asked me to shere the scripting I am using to watch Youtube videos in my everyday life. With this, you can watch most Youtube videos by downloading the video page with Links browser and then going to a URL similar to: "magnet: youtube 1 ". Then Youtube video is - mostly - automatically played under the control of this script.

Now I am not shure it deserves a new entry because it does not contain very much actual programming from (except the few executables for some string operations), nor any revolutionary, but maybe its useful for someone because it is already done so noone must write it again. All this is a result of a dynamic evolution, basically, if I get a new tool, I add/remove/modify something so the hardest part was extracting these things and comment so that it can be useful on any other installation. Most of the executables are not mine, and probably most of you have a copy of those. The few self-made once are just simply, tiny and primitive as a batch file, so anyone can easily read, modify and re-compile them for different purposes even if they do not normally write programs. The actual "library" (the actual executable from various developers) this scripting uses is inside the package, except HX.DOS.

Forgive me for two things:

1. The page I use to share this package is very old, free, and not meant to host large files. I needed to cut my file into pieces. If anyone can host the file anywhere else, I'll be happy.

2. Instead of some stand-alone version I hard commented the batch files, but the content is mostly left as it was. It may be uncomfortable when installing, but everyone has the freedom to integrate the script into their own system as they want.

http://www.verzohold.gportal.hu/gindex.php?pg=37310369

Regards:
KormaX

---
DOS isn't about why. It's about why not.

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
18.03.2019, 09:49

@ KormaX

Youtube package

> Oso2k asked me to shere the scripting I am using to watch Youtube videos in
> my everyday life. With this, you can watch most Youtube videos by
> downloading the video page with Links browser and then going to a URL

I'll look closer at this later (hopefully), but I've never done much multimedia in DOS (never bothered with MPlayer, for instance). Usually I watch YouTube on Linux (laptop, rarely) or Android (tablet, frequently).

Have you seen or tried YTCrack (last updated Jan. 2019)?

EDIT: Yes, you mention YTCrack (or even rely upon it??). But it's too confusing, you rely on too many external files. It would be easier to just upload your .BATs all in one .ZIP and have a "readme" textfile that points to the URLs of where to get various third-party .EXEs (unless you rebuilt them yourself or they aren't available elsewhere online). Yeah, dependencies suck.

KormaX(R)

18.03.2019, 16:20

@ Rugxulo

Youtube package

".BATs all in one .ZIP and have a <<readme>> textfile that points to the URLs of where to get various third-party .EXEs" -- That's not my way :D I can not rely on anyone else hosting the library my script or binary depends on. I can either create a fully portable version -- which I may crate, if you want, so you simply extract the directory structure and it works immediately -- but that means you perhaps have redundant executables until you eliminate those redundacies, or I can give an "importable" stuff, which I actually did. I thoughed it is a good idea since Links can not be configured automatically so the user must do at least that manually. However, again, if you think it would be better, I create an alternative, portable package. The real problem is, as I said before, all my things are evolving permanently. My YOUTUBE.BAT is already different :D And now that you informed me about the new YTCRACK version further changes may occure. Any time I publish something more than a simple standalone binary I must clean it from garbage and comment it well. Reading a separated but still understandable readme file for this particular thing is art. :D But I will try.

---
DOS isn't about why. It's about why not.

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15816 Postings in 1453 Threads, 262 registered users, 44 users online (0 registered, 44 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed