Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
rsites(R)

08.01.2008, 13:54
 

16-Bit HX Extender (DOSX)

I am using Borland C++ 3.1 and compiling and linking within the integrated environment. Could anyone tell me what changes are required in my project file to use the HX Extender. In addition what changes in my CONFIG.SYS and/or AUTOEXEC.BAT files might be required.

Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
08.01.2008, 15:50

@ rsites

16-Bit HX Extender

> I am using Borland C++ 3.1 and compiling and linking within the integrated
> environment. Could anyone tell me what changes are required in my project
> file to use the HX Extender.

I can't, but there is a sample supplied in HXDEV16.ZIP for Borland C++ (I guess it was BC 4.0), sample2b.mak. It is a simple NMAKE Makefile, not an IDE "project" file, and I'm not sure if it will work with Borland's MAKE utility.

---
MS-DOS forever!

rsites(R)

08.01.2008, 15:55

@ Japheth

16-Bit HX Extender

> > I am using Borland C++ 3.1 and compiling and linking within the
> integrated
> > environment. Could anyone tell me what changes are required in my
> project
> > file to use the HX Extender.
>
> I can't, but there is a sample supplied in HXDEV16.ZIP for Borland C++ (I
> guess it was BC 4.0), sample2b.mak. It is a simple NMAKE Makefile, not an
> IDE "project" file, and I'm not sure if it will work with Borland's MAKE
> utility.

That make file includes the library file DPMI16.LIB that I have not been able to find and then how would I launch my application so that the extender is used.

Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
08.01.2008, 16:44

@ rsites

16-Bit HX Extender

> That make file includes the library file DPMI16.LIB that I have not been
> able to find ...

Yes. dpmi16.lib is included in Borland's "Powerpack for DOS", which, according to the documentation, requires BC 4.02 or later.

> ... and then how would I launch my application so that the extender is used.

the binary is linked as a 16-bit NE file and the MZ stub does all things necessary to initialize the extender. So there is nothing special to do to launch the application.

---
MS-DOS forever!

rsites(R)

08.01.2008, 17:27

@ Japheth

16-Bit HX Extender

> > That make file includes the library file DPMI16.LIB that I have not been
> > able to find ...
>
> Yes. dpmi16.lib is included in Borland's "Powerpack for DOS", which,
> according to the documentation, requires BC 4.02 or later.
>
> > ... and then how would I launch my application so that the extender is
> used.
>
> the binary is linked as a 16-bit NE file and the MZ stub does all things
> necessary to initialize the extender. So there is nothing special to do to
> launch the application.

Thanks. I'm using Borland 3.1, I might have to upgrade to 4.02.

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15186 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 14 users online (0 registered, 14 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum