Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
flox(R)

Homepage

06.12.2008, 13:17
 

HXGUI: import not found... (DOSX)

Hi,

I tried to run the Windows port of Octave in DOS (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/). Dpmild32 reports an error:

import not found: GetSystemWindowsDirectoryW
file KERNEL32.DLL
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot resolve imports
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot load PE file
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot load PE file
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot load PE file
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot load PE file
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot load PE file
C:\hx\bin\dkrnl32.dll: cannot load PE file

Do you think a dummy would be ok or that it would be easy to implement? Or do you have another idea?

Bye
Flo

Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
07.12.2008, 14:49

@ flox

HXGUI: import not found...

> I tried to run the Windows port of Octave in DOS
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/). Dpmild32 reports an error:
>
> import not found: GetSystemWindowsDirectoryW
>
> Do you think a dummy would be ok or that it would be easy to implement? Or
> do you have another idea?

This is the "wide" version of an already implemented function. So it's trivial to implement.

However, DPMILD32 stops the load process when it detects such an error. There are probably further unresolved imports in other dlls - or even missing dlls. Try the DPMILDR=128 switch to find out if it's really the one and only export which is missing.

---
MS-DOS forever!

flox(R)

Homepage

09.12.2008, 22:39

@ Japheth

HXGUI: import not found...

> > I tried to run the Windows port of Octave in DOS
> > (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/). Dpmild32 reports an error:
> >
> > import not found: GetSystemWindowsDirectoryW
> >
> > Do you think a dummy would be ok or that it would be easy to implement?
> Or
> > do you have another idea?
>
> This is the "wide" version of an already implemented function. So it's
> trivial to implement.
>
> However, DPMILD32 stops the load process when it detects such an error.
> There are probably further unresolved imports in other dlls - or even
> missing dlls. Try the DPMILDR=128 switch to find out if it's really the
> one and only export which is missing.

Thanks for the tip. With DPMILDR=128 Octave works, but if it runs LESS.EXE to display a text file it prints following error (note that LESS.EXE works ok from the command line):

dpmild32: E:\OCTAVE\BIN\LESS.EXE: relocs stripped, cannot load.

and later:


dkrnl32: exception 40000015, flags=0 occured at 3900BF:341B47
ax=0 bx=0 dx=309634
si=341B92 di=0 bp=226310 sp=2262E4
ip=Module 'mscvr90.dll'+5BB47

dkrnl32: fatal exit!


and it hangs the pc.

I saw the error message at the documentation of dpmild32.txt. I haven't used another DPMI host. Does it mean that LESS need its own adress space?

I tested Octave with some easy equations and haven't got errors, there seems to be only problems when another program is launched from inside of Octave. But maybe I will find other problems in the future...

Bye
Flo

Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
10.12.2008, 08:47

@ flox

HXGUI: import not found...

> Thanks for the tip. With DPMILDR=128 Octave works, but if it runs LESS.EXE
> to display a text file it prints following error (note that LESS.EXE works
> ok from the command line):
>
> dpmild32: E:\OCTAVE\BIN\LESS.EXE: relocs stripped, cannot load.

There's a switch, "set HDPMI=32", which makes it supply separated address spaces for clients.

---
MS-DOS forever!

flox(R)

Homepage

12.12.2008, 16:48

@ Japheth

HXGUI: import not found...

> > Thanks for the tip. With DPMILDR=128 Octave works, but if it runs
> LESS.EXE
> > to display a text file it prints following error (note that LESS.EXE
> works
> > ok from the command line):
> >
> > dpmild32: E:\OCTAVE\BIN\LESS.EXE: relocs stripped, cannot load.
>
> There's a switch, "set HDPMI=32", which makes it supply separated address
> spaces for clients.

Thanks. It works better, but when Octave tries to call the extern LESS program, it prints an error message and then the same error occur. I will take a look to find the problem (I hadn't because I haven't had much time to test...).

Bye
Flo

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
12.12.2008, 22:53

@ flox

HXGUI: import not found...

> Thanks. It works better, but when Octave tries to call the extern LESS
> program, it prints an error message and then the same error occur. I will
> take a look to find the problem (I hadn't because I haven't had much time
> to test...).

Try using a different LESS program (or even the DOS port). Or maybe just use another program renamed to LESS.

---
Know your limits.h

flox(R)

Homepage

14.12.2008, 20:14

@ Japheth

HXGUI: import not found...

> There's a switch, "set HDPMI=32", which makes it supply separated address
> spaces for clients.

It works better. :-) The problem is now, that octave wants to start "less --help" which works if I start it at the command line. But octave doesn't find it, writes an error message and seems to terminate. Then HX writes the error message: "exception 40000015"

I think that octave would find "less" if octave would try "less.exe --help" (with ".exe")? Could this be the problem (because LESS is in the same directory and in the path)?

Bye
Flo

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15189 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 12 users online (0 registered, 12 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum