Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
Arjay(R)

20.07.2010, 18:58
(edited by Arjay, 20.07.2010, 20:32)

New UIDE Available(17Jul10) Mem only caches can now be 400MB (Announce)

UIDE /PM cache-data entries minimized and /L switch added. "Memory only" caches can now be 400-MB! Other drivers unchanged (re-dated only).

Note: Jack has been keeping busy with several updates, so see the official download site for more info: http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/driver.html

Arjay(R)

01.08.2010, 12:27

@ Arjay

New UIDE Available(25Jul10) - now with configuration samples

Apologies as I have just noticed that I missed noticing that the updated drivers (25/Jul/2010) now come with a separate download entitled "Configuration Sample" dos710.zip (see official UIDE download page)

Presently there is no README.TXT file included in DOS710.ZIP end users should thus be aware that the files ending in .CON are example CONFIG.SYS files and the files ending in .AUT are example AUTOEXEC.BAT files. CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files are TEXT based, so to view simply open in a text editor.

The comment sections of each file explains what it is demonstrates. To help others I have provided a high level list of the main comment on each file, please however refer to the files themselves for more detailed info:

JEM386.CON = V7.10 MS-DOS CONFIG.SYS file for use with a regular UIDE cache and JEMM386.

JEM386.AUT = V7.10 MS-DOS AUTOEXEC.BAT file for use with regular UIDE caches and JEMM386.

JEM386_M.CON = V7.10 MS-DOS CONFIG.SYS file for use with a fast UIDE /PM memory-only cache and JEMM386.

JEM386_M.AUT = V7.10 MS-DOS AUTOEXEC.BAT file for use with fast UIDE /PM caches and JEMM386.

JEM386_P.CON = V7.10 MS-DOS CONFIG.SYS file for use with a UIDE /P cache and JEMM386. A /P cache is faster than a regular UIDE cache (not as fast as /PM) and saves much memory versus /PM caches.

JEM386_P.AUT = V7.10 MS-DOS AUTOEXEC.BAT file for use with UIDE /P caches and JEMM386.

UMBPCI.CON = V7.10 MS-DOS CONFIG.SYS file for use with UMBPCI.

UMBPCI.AUT = V7.10 MS-DOS AUTOEXEC.BAT file for use with UMBPCI.

Arjay(R)

27.07.2010, 19:38

@ Arjay

New UIDE Available(25Jul10) bug fix: UIDE error in LBA logic

UIDE error in 38/46-bit LBA logic fixed. NO user effect, as DOS still handles 32 bits! Other drivers unchanged (re-dated only).

See official download site for more info:
http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/driver.html

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15108 Postings in 1358 Threads, 246 registered users, 12 users online (0 registered, 12 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed