DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
01.01.2011, 15:32

HDPMI32 and 16-bit protected mode (DOSX)

It is a little bit annoying that with HDPMI32 loaded I can't more run 16-bit protected mode programs like Borland pascal 7.0 (file BP.EXE) or command line compiler and its utilities from Delphi 1. (all are extended by RTM.EXE+dpmi16bi.ovl )
Firstly I thought that it is unavoidable limitation of loaded 32-bit DPMI environment but I remembered that winh Win9x I alse have 32-bit DPMI and still can without any problems run Borland pascal 7.0.
How to solve it? It is something what Japheth has to do or something I have to do?

---
DOS-u-akbar!

Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
01.01.2011, 20:27

@ Laaca

HDPMI32 and 16-bit protected mode

> Firstly I thought that it is unavoidable limitation of loaded 32-bit DPMI
> environment but I remembered that winh Win9x I alse have 32-bit DPMI and
> still can without any problems run Borland pascal 7.0.
> How to solve it? It is something what Japheth has to do or something I have
> to do?

The strategy mentioned by Rugxulo should still work.

Of course "one" could make a binary which is able to digest both 16- and 32-bit clients, but IMO this is way too much work concerning the rather "limited" amount of people who care about such a special issue.

---
MS-DOS forever!

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
01.01.2011, 16:56

@ Laaca

HDPMI32 and 16-bit protected mode

> It is a little bit annoying that with HDPMI32 loaded I can't more run
> 16-bit protected mode programs

Quick reply (until/if somebody more experienced answers). IIRC for Jason Burgon's GVFM, you have to load HDPMI16 first, then perhaps HDPMI32. Or you could try a host that supports both (e.g. DPMIONE). Win16 used 16-bit DPMI internally, I think, but others (e.g. CWSDPMI) never bothered supporting that.

Back to the board
Thread view  Mix view  Order
15186 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 13 users online (0 registered, 13 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed