Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

LCC-DOS.ZIP 4.2 using DJGPP libc 2.01 (28-Aug-2011) (Miscellaneous)

posted by Rugxulo(R) Homepage, Usono, 07.03.2012, 01:38

> Edit: props to Dietmar. :) The package is clean and easy to understand/hack
> on. I will play with it a bit.

For no good reason, I downloaded LCC-DOS.ZIP again. Apparently he forgot to update the "last updated" date on his website, so it's actually the Aug. 28 version. Last I had was Aug. 20, from before I suggested he use "latest 0.98.39". So he upgraded to that (from 0.98.34) but downgraded the linker (2.16.1 to 2.8.1, I think), not that it matters. (I didn't know he'd updated it at all else I would've tried it earlier. Doh, so painful to find something breaks accidentally.)

The bigger problems are that: 1). he forgot something somewhere, so it erroneously fails with (default "bin") output format, and 2). lcc\src\lcc\dos.c has a hardcoded "c:/lcc" for the compiler driver, which is inconvenient if you move it anywhere.

The latter requires a simple edit and recompile. But you have to workaround the former issue first else manually piece together the compiler chain (cpp, rcc, asm, lnk) for dos.c and lcc.c. The simple "workaround" (until / if??? he updates his online .ZIP) is either "set NASMENV=-fcoff" or "lcc -Wa-fcoff" each time you use it. I'm surprised this didn't bite you already.

Oh well, nothing hugely major, just annoying.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15112 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 17 users online (0 registered, 17 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed