Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

How 2 add directory to PATH from command line (Users)

posted by CluelessInSeattl(R), Seattle, USA, 07.01.2013, 17:19

EDIT: Never mind! After first posting this I think I just remembered the name of that command: APPEND! But now, I don't know how to delete my post. Is there a way to do that?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you who follow this forum already know, I'm an MS-DOS old-timer who is trying to revive my old MS-DOS 6.21 system after a hiatus of a decade or more. My memory is failing me these days, and due to chronic illness, I suffer from worsening cognitive deficits, so my DOS skills are pretty rusty.

Today I'm trying to figure out a shortcut for adding a directory to an already lengthy PATH statement.

I'd like to do it from the command line, but without the hassle of having to retype the entire PATH statement for the SET command. My eyesight is poor, as is my coordination, so typing an error-free PATH statement is a challenge to me.

Is there a command in MS-DOS 6.21 that I can use to temporarily "insert" or "add-on" a directory to the existing PATH statement?

The reason I want to do this is to try out a program. So I don't want to update the path statement in my AUTOEXEC.BAT file until I decide whether or not I'll continue to use this new program.

---
Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"
Running MS-DOS 6.21

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15192 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 19 users online (1 registered, 18 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed