Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

Small, Simple DOS Spreadsheet? (Users)

posted by CluelessInSeattl(R), Seattle, USA, 30.01.2013, 17:41

Hi again!

I'm still bogged down in backing up my hard disk to floppies (I know! I know! I'm completely nutse! You needn't remind me! ;-) )

I used to have a simple a simple CP/M spreadsheet program called DataStar that came bundled with WordStar. I swear I bought a DOS version of it some years later (I even remember making a long bike ride out beyond the Seattle city limits one spring day when the cherry trees were in bloom for the sole purpose of picking up the DOS version of DataStar from a tiny hole-in-the-wall computer shop housed in a rundown shack out north on highway 99).

But, as is more often than not the case these days, I can't find a trace of that program now.

So I'm hunting for a small, simple DOS spreadsheet program that I can run under MS-DOS 6.21 (I know! I know! Don't remind me! ;-) )

All I want to use it for is to set up a simple spreadsheet showing which program file back-ups are on which floppy disks). (I know! I know! ;-) )

Any suggestions?

---
Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"
Running MS-DOS 6.21

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15115 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 19 users online (0 registered, 19 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed