Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

uart interrupt tx rx in Dos32 bit open watcom (Developers)

posted by maui(R), 11.11.2013, 11:14

Hi,
I'm trying to develop an application, that use interrupt for serial port, to manage the receive and transmit event in Freedos 1.0 and dos4gw.
At the moment, with the example of open watcom bimodal found in goodies of OW, the event of rx is correctly handled, and now I would like to manage the tx event.
This example is a mix between c and asm.
I'm trying to adapt the code to intercept also transmission interrupt, but the routine send only few characters.
I have enabled the bit of tx interrupt, and the event is generated when I try to transmit a byte in my main, but here it comes the problem.
I'd like to compile a buffer with my data to be sent, and let the transmit interrupt handle the sending, so the pc, is free to do other stuff in the main code. When I try to send the first byte in the main, I receive the interrupt call, but when I send another byte there(in the interrupt), I don't receive the next interrupt call for the next byte to transmit. Probably I'm not managing the register in the right way.

Anybody has an example of a serial transmission, using the tx interrupt of the uart?

Thanks in advance,

maui

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15108 Postings in 1358 Threads, 245 registered users, 10 users online (0 registered, 10 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed