Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

Enhanced DOSKEY 2.5 (Announce)

posted by Wengier(R) E-mail, 14.10.2014, 16:32

> Hi, I use CMDEDIT.COM 3.21 for several years and I'm satisfied with it. Is
> there something better on this enhanced doskey?

Hi RayeR! Thanks for your query! As far as I know, CMDEDIT is certainly a nice tool too. Unfortunately, it has not been updated for over 10 years by now -(. The biggest difference between Enhanced DOSKEY and CMDEDIT, as their names suggest, is that Enhanced DOSKEY is an *Enhanced* version of DOSKEY, whereas CMDEDIT is a separate tool with somewhat similar functionality. For example, the function keys (e.g. F7, Alt+F10) and the macro feature of Enhanced DOSKEY are fully backward compatible with DOSKEY shipped with DOS/Win9x and thus may be used as a drop-in replacement for the latter. On the other hand, this is not the case for CMDEDIT. If you are more familiar with the original DOSKEY shipped with DOS/Win9x, then Enhanced DOSKEY is probably your best bet. And plus, unlike CMDEDIT, Enhanced DOSKEY is still in development. If you have some suggestions for some new feature to be added in Enhanced DOSKEY, then just ask for it. You will probably be satisfied when the new version comes out.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15196 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 14 users online (0 registered, 14 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed