Board view  Mix view

QuickView PCI sound driver! (Announce)

posted by RayeR(R) Homepage, CZ, 26.11.2014, 11:29

> And, thanks for the info about Starodubov URL. I can now play classic Doom
> in DOS with sound on this same Acer AOA250 netbook, which has been running
> very well indeed as my tricked out DOS system... Also .MIDI files with the
> 8mb wavetable files! Wow, it's almost 2015 and DOS is thriving and living
> strong!

ZDoom works for you? On my PC and notebook too it crashed. I can hear a tiny pop sound as soundcard was initialized but something else shoot it down. I suspected PMODEW crap so I unpacked & stripped it and used D3X but same result.
Of course I tried with simplified autoexec/config and even without any drivers and memmgrs...

In case of Timidity it's better. It plays fine on my notebook ICH4 AC'97. On PC it finds ICH7 HDA but I cannot hear sound from any output. (Mplayer can play on my HDA).

As I looked further the SDR driver for QV is just some wrapper around mpxplay's drivers (taken from Linux). It seems to hve some simple API, there's sample C code of RAW player and it's just a few func. calls. I'd like to know how it's handled multiple soundards in one PC if it's possible to select one specific (I prefer Audigy 2 over HDA).

BTW the SDR driver on Ruslan site is older - 2011 than on QV site - 2014 so maybe there was some bug fixes that did't propagated to Zdoom and Timidity. Unfortunatelly Ruslan's email address is not working.

BTW2 I have some quirk in QV on PC that I cannot fwd/rewind video with arrow keys but on notebook I can, does it works for others? ESC terminates OK.

---
DOS gives me freedom to unlimited HW access.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15116 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 14 users online (0 registered, 14 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed