Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

WheelK : at last, use that mouse =wheel= in DOS ! (Announce)

posted by RayeR(R) Homepage, CZ, 08.08.2016, 14:52
(edited by RayeR on 08.08.2016, 22:12)

Hi, I did a quick test of WHEELK_S and it works. My current MB is Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3 with old-style Phoenix/Award PnP Dual BIOS 6.00PG - not UEFI yet. I found that some programs like to nuke the wheelk - links, VC, DN. Under VC and DN filemanagers I cannot make it working even when reload wheelk after start up of the program. It says "updated" but wheel don't work. In micromanager od cmdedit command line it works normally. Links nuke it at startup but when I run DOS shell, reenable wheel and go back to links then it stays working. I must retest original wheelk - maybe I nuked it with these programs and I don't remember if I tested it after reboot on cmdedit.

UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion but original wheelk works same as WHEELK_S but both was nuked by VC, DN and links. So there's any problem with BIOS but it is good idea to check for the BIOS function if present on load :) Would it be possible to make wheelk more permanent?

---
DOS gives me freedom to unlimited HW access.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15109 Postings in 1359 Threads, 247 registered users, 10 users online (0 registered, 10 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed