Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

WavPack v5.0, rewritten, just released (Announce)

posted by RayeR(R) Homepage, CZ, 20.12.2016, 11:54

Hi,
I managed to make a native DJGPP port of Wavpack 5.0 (after messing with autoshit and configure - this steps I had to do under Linux), get it here http://rayer.g6.cz/download/download.htm#WAVPACK
I also found and fixed a bug in WVUNPACK after some years. The program was accidentally deleting the decompressed file just after it was done. I found, there is a check if created file length is zero, then there was some problem and delete the file. And guess what, it returned zero. So I tracked the DoGetFileSize() in utils.c module and found there are separate Win32 and Unix code. The DJGPP follows unix path with code

struct stat statbuf;

if (!hFile || fstat (fileno (hFile), &statbuf) || !(statbuf.st_mode & S_IFREG))
        return 0;

return (int64_t) statbuf.st_size;

It is probably wrong or incompletly implemented in DJGPP. So I made a new DJGPP section where I used old good filelength(fileno(hFile) function, even we have 64-bit lfilelength() version in DJGPP 2.05 but I don't know if it supports >2GB files, maybe under NTVDM on NTFS... Anyway it works now for <2GB files :) I will also try to recompile FFMPEG with new wavpack library including the modified sources.

---
DOS gives me freedom to unlimited HW access.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15115 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 27 users online (1 registered, 26 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed