Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

FPC 3.0.4 released! (Announce)

posted by Laaca(R) Homepage, Czech republic, 08.01.2018, 10:39

Progress done!
In December I contacted Pierre Mueller which was able to build the debugger enabled IDE for FPC 3.0.0 two years ago.
Yesterday I got response from him. He succesfully compiled debugger enabled IDE for FPC 3.0.4 and provided binaries for testing.

There are two exacutables in the archive. FPNOVESA.EXE and FPVESA.EXE.
Both have about 50MB but if you use the Strip utility from FPC (strip -s FPVESA.EXE) the size is reduced to 8MB.
Both have enabled the debugger. The diference between them is support of saving of graphic screen output while tracing.
FPNOVESA can't do it at all (fails even in the legacy VGA modes) and FPVESA can do it for legacy VGA modes but unfortunately not for VESA modes.
This level of support had IDE for FPC 3.0.0 and for 3.0.2
It is quite sufficient for debugging but I just have to say that IDE for FPC 1.0.10 can handle the graphic screen output also for VESA modes.
I am affraid I can't fix it just for the IDE because the complexity is huge and even the compilation is far from trivial. But if someone could make some stub from IDE with the graphic output switching feature to be easy to compile it I could maybe investigate it more deeply and maybe even fix it.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15296 Postings in 1378 Threads, 254 registered users, 14 users online (1 registered, 13 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed