Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

RxDOS 7.22 (Announce)

posted by cm(R) Homepage E-mail, Düsseldorf, Germany, 09.03.2018, 14:27

This is the third RxDOS version I'm releasing, though still only as a Mercurial repository on For the preparation of this version, I "identicalised" RxCMD to its previous incarnation (RxDOSCMD), meaning I adjusted things so that the build is almost byte-identical. (It is presumed that all remaining differences are due to either very minor changes (eg, DEFAULT_MINENVIRONMENT changed), or the assemblers' differing choice of synonymous opcodes.) Although I closed that branch and didn't continue its history, the actual changesets show that only several NOPs and word-width specifiers were needed, which proves to me that the port at the branching point was perfect.

Further, I implemented a flat NASM-only build of RxCMD, with an MZ .EXE header created by the assembler instead of an external linker. This means that WarpLink is no longer required to assemble everything; and this also means that running the make script doesn't require neither NTVDM nor dosemu2 any longer, as no DOS-only programs are used. (Only is currently kept up to date, so should be the reference to building.)

Get it at

ETA: Note that this is still in an early stage beyond the mere porting to NASM. I do not recommend its use for anything.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15297 Postings in 1378 Threads, 254 registered users, 14 users online (0 registered, 14 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed