Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

Dmidecode version 3.2 available (port) (Announce)

posted by rr(R) Homepage E-mail, Berlin, Germany, 01.11.2018, 00:09

On 31 October 2018 I finished my 32-bit DOS port of dmidecode version 3.2 using DJGPP version 2.05.

Binaries, user manuals in ASCII format, and fully configured sources plus some simple instructions on how to rebuild are available at

Dmidecode changes since my last port (version 3.0):
Version 3.2 (Wed Sep 14 2018)
  - [COMPATIBILITY] The UUID is now displayed using lowercase letters, per
    RFC 4122 (#53569). You must ensure that any code parsing it is
  - Support for SMBIOS 3.2.0. This includes new processor names, new socket
    and port connector types, new system slot state and property, and support
    for non-volatile memory (NVDIMM).
  - Support for Redfish management controllers.
  - A new command line option to query a specific structure by its handle.
  - A new command line option to query the system family string.
  - Support for 3 ThinkPad-specific structures (patch #9642).
  - Support for HPE's new company name.
  - Support UEFI on FreeBSD.
  - Important bug fixes:
    Fix firmware version of TPM device
    Fix the HPE UEFI feature flag check
  - (biosdecode) A new command line option to fully decode PIR information
    (support request #109339).

Version 3.1 (Tue May 23 2017)
  - Support for SMBIOS 3.1.0 and 3.1.1. This includes new chassis types, new
    processor family names, new processor family upgrade names, and new slot
    types, as well as support of larger BIOS ROM sizes and cache sizes, and a
    new structure type (43, TPM Device.)
  - A new command line option to query OEM strings.
  - All error messages are now printed on stderr (#47274, #48158.)
  - Several bug fixes related to 64-bit entry points (#50037 and more.)
  - Important bug fixes:
    #46176 (Unexpected end of file error)
    #46066 (Crash with SIGBUS)
  - Various minor fixes, improvements and cleanups.

Because I switched from:
 * deleted/beta/v2/
 * deleted/beta/v2gnu/
 * deleted/beta/v2gnu/
 * deleted/beta/v2gnu/
 * deleted/beta/v2gnu/
 * deleted/v2gnu/

 * current/v2/
 * current/v2/
 * current/v2gnu/
 * current/v2gnu/
 * current/v2gnu/
 * current/v2gnu/
 * current/v2gnu/

and had to "hack" around change dmidecode: Parse Modern Management Controller blocks there could be some "bugs".

Btw: Code still compiles with the old toolchain and is more compact, but it's time to move on, I think.

I only tested on a single Windows XP Professional x86 SP3 so far.

Please report your findings, before I release the source code. Maybe someone has access to a Redfish device and can tell me, if printing its IP address works correctly.


Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
16030 Postings in 1485 Threads, 271 registered users, 5 users online (0 registered, 5 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum