Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

FreeDOS' main contributor (Miscellaneous)

posted by Rugxulo(R) Homepage, Usono, 07.04.2009, 00:22

> > Eric is a very nice person,
>
> Sure :-) :-) :-)
>
> > and FreeDOS users owe a lot to him, probably more than anybody else.
>
> I'm aware of the LBAcache and FDapm tools. Perhaps you did have access to
> knowledge which is - or was - forbidden for us normal mortals, so please
> elaborate!

I think I've literally e-mailed Eric about 1000+ times in the past two years. He's done so much for FreeDOS that's it's shocking. He's patched or written or updated a million things that no one else ever got close to doing. I can't even remember it all, but if pushed I could try! ;-)

cpulevel, finddisk, sysmem, xmssize, 3-disk ("brezel"), fdshield, runtime, locktone, calcfixp, FD edit, callver, graphics, dosfsck, mode, para631, gfx_mine, snake_vr, cdrcache, ctmouse 2.1b4, devload, cdrom2, eecho, filetype, freetest, getserno, whichfat, moresys, memteste stub, pcisleep, terminal, etc. etc. (web page updates, server admin crud, lots of testing, probably other things I'm forgetting).

IIRC, the only other people I've e-mailed nearly 1/10th as much are Octavio Vega Fernandez (back before work overtook him) and David Lindauer (back when CC386 was on fire with updates). All equally nice and brilliant people.

And FYI, that's not to discount anybody on this forum either. I'd every bit as much praise you guys for your efforts too! (Remember, Japheth, you're FreeDOS Man of the Year 2008 ... of course, that's just my humble opinion!) :-D

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15108 Postings in 1358 Threads, 246 registered users, 10 users online (0 registered, 10 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed