Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

Borland C/C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 (Developers)

posted by Rugxulo(R) Homepage, Usono, 30.10.2009, 21:28

According to David Lindauer (and indirectly, Japheth), it seems that FreeDOS, unlike other DOSes, is unable to run BCC 5.5 (circa 2000) under HX. That was as of two months ago, and I haven't heard back from him (just replied yet again since I downloaded it today ... no re-registration required, thankfully). Anybody have any idea? I haven't tried it yet in pure FreeDOS, but it's not too hard to do (8 MB download, 50 MB once installed).

In other odd news, I had heard recently that Embarcadero no longer offers the free Turbo C++ Explorer 2006 for download. It turns out that it's true! Kinda annoying for people who wanted to be able to get TASM32 5.3 (latest/last version). Although, to be honest, TC++ 2006 never installed for me anyways (Vista), so I can't say I hugely blame them. And I guess TASM is semi-moot since YASM and WASM both partially support its syntax now. But still ....

EDIT: WDOSX does seem to support it (C, not C++ though, no exception support??), but either way it's still fairly bloated compared to OpenWatcom or DJGPP. So that's kinda a letdown. :-|

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15192 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 15 users online (0 registered, 15 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed