Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

Phil Gardner's Wrapper.sys & MS-DOS7 bug (Miscellaneous)

posted by Ninho(R) E-mail, 19.11.2009, 23:48

> It would have spared me a few good minutes of searching if you would have
> provided the link...

Sure. I did not have the link when originally posting, and anyway, the Chappel text is only loosely relevant to the question which is, remember, does someone have a revised 'wrapper.sys' some other tsr wrapper working in DOS 7/8. Nor did I ask you personally to lose those precious minutes of your time, you chose to search because, presumably, you felt interested. Anyway I have apologised for not giving a URL, do you want more ?

snipping some

>> Anyhoo... if you are the kind of guy who likes challenges, please go

> If your intention was just to launch some kind of challenge, as it seems
> now to me, I am not the "guy" to have interest for such things (because I

You're not the guy. Fine. And no I'm not making a challenge.

> have no need to assert myself - not even just for myself, I feel too old
> for this). I thought your interest for the problem was real and you are
> just too lazy to resolve the things for yourself.

So we are too old both of us. And yes I am too lazy to try and resolve the thing considering the expected benefit. Otherwise I would not have posted. Doing it right would mean patching DOS which is by no means trivial, considering the structures and interfaces involved are undocumentend (even in Ralf Brown's list which unfortunately is not updated for a long time). Maybe they are described in Chappell's book, which I don't possess.

Thank you for your insights ! ( Regarding acid remarks, I make no notice of such in general).

---
Ninho

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15115 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 22 users online (0 registered, 22 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed