Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

RJDOS v0.01a experimental tiny DOS shell (BETA with BIG B!) (Announce)

posted by Arjay(R), 11.12.2009, 22:47

> I don't care abou lic, once I freed the sources it's for free use.
Ok. Just to be more open/clear I was asking from 2 different standpoints:

1) Protecting your interests - ROMOS interests me not only from a personal non-commercial perspective but also from a commercial perspective - thus I am keen to understand where you stand on both points. PM me if you want on this.

2) I am working some stuff commercially myself, thus also need to protect my own interests - hence I'm keen to find out what you are wanting to do etc.

That all said I am keen to strike the right balance and a lot of what I am currently doing is working to feed "back" into various projects in an open as possible way, make further useful connections etc. I certainly do not believe in passing off other peoples work as ones own and if I can help others out along the way then I will.

> Currently I use Datalight miniCMD which takes 3294B but it's very limited
> in function. But all it's necessary is to change path and launch something
> better like micromanager. But would be nice to have something small but
> better. I also have General Software mini-COMMAND.COM V2.0 from embedded
> dos 5.0 - 10752 bytes.
Ok, I'm familiar with Datalight (but not their actual software). Likewise I know of embedded DOS but not their software. So separate to these offerings, in an ideal situation for your needs what your ideal size for a shell and what's the basic functionality that you would need? I'm assuming your looking for something that is free as your own project is to be free, right?

> I just tried to apack your rjdos but it makes it bigger :P
Hehe.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15115 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 26 users online (1 registered, 25 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed