Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

Hugi Size asm forum / compo #28 "tiny" USB = 233 bytes! (Announce)

posted by Arjay(R), 20.07.2010, 12:02
(edited by Arjay on 20.07.2010, 12:27)

It had been a while since I last checked in on the Hugi Size Coding Competition's, I noted a 2009 competition #28 - The "Hugi USB" Compo which was if you've not seen it/guessed already; a USB related competition:

"...This time your task is to retrieve the device descriptor from an attached USB device. Yep, you must detect the controller, find its I/O base, and control the USB controller, polling for a device connection, then display the attached device's descriptor..."

There were only 3 entries :( In size order: 438 bytes, 352 bytes (example entry), and 233 bytes. The example entry was NOT counted, so "officially" there were sadly only 2 entries with the winning 233 byte entry being coded by Tapani Utriainen (aka nadir/RAGE best known as one of the coders of the Gathering 97 DOS demo Robotnik).

It is also worth noting that there is also now a Hugi Size Coding Competition Discussion board. The older competition section of the forum (as linked to off the main page) contains the download links.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
15192 Postings in 1365 Threads, 250 registered users, 12 users online (0 registered, 12 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed