Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
w3a537(R)

E-mail

Colorado Springs CO USA,
13.06.2012, 03:07
 

Not me (Miscellaneous)

Yes I was the originator of the "stumbeled upon"
thread now fixed.

I did some poking around and found at least one post
from a "steve" at my email address WHICH IS NOT FROM ME.

THE SUBJECT was Vetusware. This post was not by ME.

I use the handle "w3a537" not "steve".

Could you please fix this,

postmaster@localhost

Thanks ..

Edit by rr: removed e-mail address for privacy

DOS386(R)

13.06.2012, 10:56

@ w3a537
 

FYI: Piracy Sucks | FYI: Sockpuppetry Sucks

.

---
This is a LOGITECH mouse driver, but some software expect here
the following string:*** This is Copyright 1983 Microsoft ***

rr(R)

Homepage E-mail

Berlin, Germany,
13.06.2012, 20:01

@ w3a537
 

Not me

> Yes I was the originator of the "stumbeled upon"
> thread now fixed.

OK

> I did some poking around and found at least one post
> from a "steve" at my email address WHICH IS NOT FROM ME.

How did you find that? E-mail addresses don't show up on the forum.
Could please give me a deep link to this posting?

> THE SUBJECT was Vetusware. This post was not by ME.

There's no such post with 'Vetusware' in the subject line. Nobody blamed you.

> I use the handle "w3a537" not "steve".
>
> Could you please fix this,

What should be fixed exactly?

w3a537(R)

E-mail

Colorado Springs CO USA,
15.06.2012, 02:06

@ rr
 

Not me

I was poking around and I put "vetusware" in the search window
and 6 or 8 hits showed up.

One of them was from "steve".

Because I am known as "w3a537" not "steve" I clicked the EMAIL box,

MY EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWED UP. However this message WAS NOT from me as
I have no knowledge of the subject matter.

So I asked to have "steve" "postmaster@localhost" deleted.

Now this particular message says "w3a537" "postmaster@localhost"
which isn't right either. But not particularry important eithert.

There are probably other instances of this kind of error on the
forum as well.

Steve Broshears ...

Edit by rr: removed e-mail address for privacy

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
15.06.2012, 06:09

@ w3a537
 

Not me

> I was poking around and I put "vetusware" in the search window
> and 6 or 8 hits showed up.
>
> One of them was from "steve".

I think that's the late Steve Adelewitz of the Short Stop DOS pages.

> Because I am known as "w3a537" not "steve" I clicked the EMAIL box,
>
> MY EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWED UP. However this message WAS NOT from me as
> I have no knowledge of the subject matter.

If you are logged in, apparently it will auto-fill in your "sender" name and e-mail, not the person whom you are messaging. For me it says "Rugxulo", etc.

> So I asked to have "blah" "blah.blah@gmail.blah" deleted.
>
> Now this particular message says "w3a537" "blah.blah@gmail.blah"
> which isn't right either. But not particularry important eithert.
>
> There are probably other instances of this kind of error on the
> forum as well.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's not a bug, you're just confused.

rr(R)

Homepage E-mail

Berlin, Germany,
16.06.2012, 22:28

@ Rugxulo
 

Not me

> If you are logged in, apparently it will auto-fill in your "sender" name
> and e-mail, not the person whom you are messaging. For me it says
> "Rugxulo", etc.

Exactly.

> > There are probably other instances of this kind of error on the
> > forum as well.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's not a bug, you're just confused.

I think so too.

rr(R)

Homepage E-mail

Berlin, Germany,
16.06.2012, 22:35

@ w3a537
 

Not me

> MY EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWED UP. However this message WAS NOT from me as
> I have no knowledge of the subject matter.

As Rugxulo already said, forum software fills in the sender's data. The recipient's name or e-mail address stays hidden.

> Steve Broshears ...
>
> Edit by rr: removed e-mail address for privacy

I deleted your e-mail address from your posting again.

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
15112 Postings in 1359 Threads, 247 registered users, 11 users online (0 registered, 11 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum