Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
iw2evk(R)

Magenta (Italy),
27.10.2013, 18:55
 

Djgpp don't "view" files (Developers)

Hi all,
i'ma a beginner in djgpp.I've download all required files and libraries for compile links2.When i start ./configure djgpp say " aclocal.1.4 missing" and "automake 1.4 missing".But this files are in /djgpp/bin directory.I've reload this files (maybe a disk corruption) , but djgpp don't recognize files.So, terminate configure, if i start "Make", no build start.
Another similar problem happen with OpenSSL files required from Links2.
The files are in directory /djggp/SSL ,but during configure djgpp found openssl but not OpenSSL , so an error occours during configure.
Where is the problem?
Maybe a configuration error?
Thanks for your help/suggestions

Roberto iw2evk

georgpotthast(R)

Homepage

Germany,
28.10.2013, 07:51

@ iw2evk
 

Djgpp don't "view" files

Hi Roberto,

I do not use automake with djgpp so I cannot comment on that. I am surprised that configure looks for automake though.

In my djgpp installation I have a libssl.a in djgpp/lib and a directory "openssl" (all lowercase letters) with lots of header files in djgpp/include. This should be sufficient to compile programs that need SSL support since these usually just search the include and lib directories for the required files.

Georg

iw2evk(R)

Magenta (Italy),
28.10.2013, 13:50

@ georgpotthast
 

Djgpp don't "view" files

Hi,

with more attention i see links searching automake1.4 and aclocal 1.4 , but in my version (Georg site download) it's 1.7 version.
So may be it's incompatible ..
I stand for a DJGPP experts reply ; )

Roberto

RayeR(R)

Homepage

CZ,
28.10.2013, 21:55

@ iw2evk
 

Djgpp don't "view" files

> with more attention i see links searching automake1.4 and aclocal 1.4 ,
> but in my version (Georg site download) it's 1.7 version.
> So may be it's incompatible ..
> I stand for a DJGPP experts reply ; )

Whole automake (and configue) is pain in the ass. Sometimes I need to configure sources under windows (mingw32) or linux and then manually edit makefiles to accomodate it to DOS/DJGPP. For DOS links there must exist configured makefile so it's better to take it and modify what needed instead of going through entire crosspath of configuration... Anyway better to ask at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/comp.os.msdos.djgpp instead here.

---
DOS gives me freedom to unlimited HW access.

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
28.10.2013, 17:29

@ iw2evk
 

Djgpp don't "view" files

> i'ma a beginner in djgpp.

There's so many complications (in modern computing) that I wonder if anyone can ever be more than a beginner. I certainly don't claim to understand it all.

But again, the best place to ask is comp.os.msdos.djgpp . Too bad that the experts are always busy, so honestly even asking there may not help. I've rebuilt a lot of stuff, but I'm far from an expert.

> I've download all required files and libraries for
> compile links2.

You mean from here? http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links-dos/
If not, please specify exactly what file you're trying to build.

> When i start ./configure djgpp say " aclocal.1.4 missing"
> and "automake 1.4 missing".But this files are in /djgpp/bin directory.I've
> reload this files (maybe a disk corruption) , but djgpp don't recognize
> files.So, terminate configure, if i start "Make", no build start.

I don't know. AutoTools is a huge kludge and too POSIX heavy. When it works, I can't complain. But DJGPP is not supported by most? GNU projects anymore, hence it's even more of an uphill battle than it should be.

Maybe reading a tutorial would help, dunno.

Anyways, I don't remember needing all of those (e.g. automake) just to run "configure". Usually all you need (besides some standard POSIX utils) is "configure", "config.sub", and similar stub files. Unless you're grabbing a snapshot from source repo, you shouldn't have to regenerate (autoscan??) anything.

> Another similar problem happen with OpenSSL files required from Links2.
> The files are in directory /djggp/SSL ,but during configure djgpp found
> openssl but not OpenSSL , so an error occours during configure.
> Where is the problem?
> Maybe a configuration error?

Probably CPPFLAGS or LDLIBS not set at "sh configure" time, or something similar.

glennmcc(R)

Homepage E-mail

North Jackson, Ohio (USA),
28.10.2013, 23:30

@ Rugxulo
 

Djgpp don't "view" files

> > i'ma a beginner in djgpp.
>
> There's so many complications (in modern computing) that I wonder if anyone
> can ever be more than a beginner. I certainly don't claim to understand it
> all.
>

You said a mouth full there.

I have been working with _all_ aspects of computers for 35 years
and I still _do not_ consider myself to be an "expert". ;-)

---
--
http://glennmcc.org/

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
15115 Postings in 1359 Threads, 249 registered users, 15 users online (0 registered, 15 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum