Back to home page

DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Log in | Register

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
23.08.2018, 09:55
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ... (Announce)

Hello,

My old web site japheth.de is no longer functional Some projects can now be found at GitHub:


https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel

---
MS-DOS forever!

roytam(R)

23.08.2018, 16:37

@ Japheth
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

> Hello,
>
> My old web site japheth.de is no longer functional Some projects can now be
> found at GitHub:
>
>
> https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel

Glad to see you're coming back!
Thanks!

0ffer(R)

Homepage

23.08.2018, 17:58

@ Japheth
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

> My old web site japheth.de is

Japheth's Site

Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
24.08.2018, 00:47

@ Japheth
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

Hello Japheth!
Glad to see you online again.
Does it mean that your projects are still alive and can be updated some day?

---
DOS-u-akbar!

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
24.08.2018, 04:55

@ Laaca
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

Now if only we could find out where DOS386 disappeared to.

Japheth(R)

Homepage

Germany (South),
24.08.2018, 05:30

@ Laaca
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

> Does it mean that your projects are still alive and can be updated ...

All projects on Github are updated versions. There's a bin directory where you should find precompiled binaries. It's kind of prerelease, though.

---
MS-DOS forever!

jassenna(R)

Campinas,SP,Brazil,
14.09.2018, 00:54

@ Japheth
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

Glad to meet you again.
Did anyone notice that GitHub (and Sourceforge, BTW)
cannot be accessed with any DOS-based browser ?
Indeed, not even wiht Win98 browsers, because they
updated to TLS 1.1 minimum, and no longer use http.

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
14.09.2018, 04:59

@ jassenna
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

> Did anyone notice that GitHub (and Sourceforge, BTW)
> cannot be accessed with any DOS-based browser ?

That's a bit broad, saying it excludes literally every browser. I doubt you tested them all (just saying). :-P

> Indeed, not even wiht Win98 browsers, because they
> updated to TLS 1.1 minimum, and no longer use http.

Yes, I noticed that our old (2008) Wget build stopped working on those two sites sometime after last November.

But newer (2015?) Wget build works fine, so does Links 2.16 (AFAIK). I haven't tried 2.17 yet, but presumably it also works. Also haven't tried latest DJGPP build of Lynx (which I don't normally use), but I assume it also works.

Yes, things change, some break, but not all hope is lost (yet?). :-D

roytam(R)

14.09.2018, 13:55

@ jassenna
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

> Glad to meet you again.
> Did anyone notice that GitHub (and Sourceforge, BTW)
> cannot be accessed with any DOS-based browser ?
> Indeed, not even wiht Win98 browsers, because they
> updated to TLS 1.1 minimum, and no longer use http.

My Retrozilla build for Win9x has TLS 1.2 support.

jassenna(R)

Campinas,SP,Brazil,
20.09.2018, 02:14

@ roytam
 

New Download address for HX, Jemm386 , JWasm ...

> > Glad to meet you again.
> > Did anyone notice that GitHub (and Sourceforge, BTW)
> > cannot be accessed with any DOS-based browser ?
> > Indeed, not even wiht Win98 browsers, because they
> > updated to TLS 1.1 minimum, and no longer use http.
>
> My Retrozilla build for Win9x has TLS 1.2 support.

Thank you for the hint. I missed this, because I hadn't
looked at that project in MSFN for more than 1 yr.
I hope i shall be able to post some comments there later.

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
15443 Postings in 1400 Threads, 256 registered users, 6 users online (0 registered, 6 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed
powered by my little forum