DOS ain't dead

Forum index page

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
rr(R)

Homepage E-mail

Berlin, Germany,
30.10.2018, 13:56

Dragon History adventure game (Announce)

From http://www.ucw.cz/draci-historie/index-en.html:
Dragon History is a Czech adventure game. The main hero is a little dragon called Bert, who is searching for his father that disappeared a short time ago, and remedy the mischiefs that he committed with evil magic wand Eveline.

We developed Dragon History in 1995. The game contains 40 locations, it is completely dubbed in Czech, and it was the first Czech CD game ever. Dragon History quickly became one of the best sold games on the Czech market; around 7000 copied were sold. Since then it was issued several times as an attachment of a game or computer magazine on a CD.

In 2009, the game was reimplemented inside the ScummVM meta-engine and since version 1.1 it is playable on a few dozen most common platforms.

The old game engine was written in Borland Pascal and Turbo Assembler in 1994-1995 and only runs on MS-DOS.

Laaca(R)

Homepage

Czech republic,
30.10.2018, 15:39

@ rr

Dragon History adventure game

Yes, I think the every czech gamer who remebers the DOS era knows this game. Even my parents bought me this game in year when it was released. (it was the only computer game I got from my parents)

But, honestly, this game is (and always was) worth to try only if you speak czech only so you can't play much of adventures.
I even know that the original source was released but again - nothing special even in the developers point of view.

---
DOS-u-akbar!

Rugxulo(R)

Homepage

Usono,
02.11.2018, 15:19

@ Laaca

Dragon History adventure game

> I even know that the original source was released but again - nothing
> special even in the developers point of view.

Reading online (without downloading or trying to rebuild), it seems that "most" has been ported to FPC (not counting third-party utilties for fonts and whatnot). But there still seems to be some 16-bit DOS leftovers that can only be built with BP7/TASM 3 (via emulation). Probably would be a good idea to migrate to FPC's i8086-msdos and/or NASM (or LZASMX?). But I'm not volunteering! (I like tasks like that, but it's still probably a bit much for me. Always too much to do!)

Back to index page
Thread view  Board view
15673 Postings in 1427 Threads, 259 registered users, 10 users online (0 registered, 10 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed